Piling 2020 abstracts deadline extended to 21 May 2019
The deadline for abstracts for the Piling 2020 Conference has been extended to Midnight on 21 May 2019
Abstracts for papers or posters can be submitted via the conference website using this link.
The conference will cover practice and research related to offshore and onshore piling. Topics will include the following:
- Temporary works including the design and construction of piling platforms
- Developments in Pile installation and methods of construction including support systems
- The design and construction of piled foundation systems for lateral and/or vertical loading
- Research on piling and piled systems.
- Embedded pile retaining systems
- Case histories of pile construction and performance
- Materials used in pile construction (environmental, sustainability, embodied carbon)
- Geological hazards
- Testing, related to pile performance and for design (integrity and load bearing)
- Instrumentation used in pile construction and testing
- Sustainability (wind farms, thermally active piles etc.)
- Use of digital technology
- Future engineering issues related to piling
- Health & Safety
- The management and procurement of piling contracts.
Piling 2020 is a major two-day international conference organized by the British Geotechnical Association (BGA) with support from the Federation of Piling Specialists and other specialist organisations. The Conference will be held at Durham University will be held on 15th and 16th September 2020.