The Piling 2020 Conference Committee is pleased to announce that the Call for Abstracts will open in February 2019.
Abstracts for papers or posters will be submitted via the abstracts page on the conference website.
The conference will cover practice and research related to offshore and onshore piling. Topics will include the following:
- Temporary works including the design and construction of piling platforms
- Developments in Pile installation and methods of construction including support systems
- The design and construction of piled foundation systems for lateral and/or vertical loading
- Research on piling and piled systems.
- Embedded pile retaining systems
- Case histories of pile construction and performance
- Materials used in pile construction (environmental, sustainability, embodied carbon)
- Geological hazards
- Testing, related to pile performance and for design (integrity and load bearing)
- Instrumentation used in pile construction and testing
- Sustainability (wind farms, thermally active piles etc.)
- Use of digital technology
- Future engineering issues related to piling
- Health & Safety
- The management and procurement of piling contracts.
Piling 2020 is a major two-day international conference organised by the British Geotechnical Association (BGA) with support from the Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS), and will be held in Autumn 2020 at Durham University.