Abstract submission for the Piling 2020 Conference is now open.
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 21 May 2019
Abstracts should be prepared using the MS Word abstract template, which can be downloaded here.
Abstracts should be submitted via the In-Conference Portal, which can be accessed here.
Abstracts are invited for subjects including practice and research related to offshore and onshore piling, which may include the following:
- Temporary works including the design and construction of piling platforms
- Developments in Pile installation and methods of construction including support systems
- The design and construction of piled foundation systems for lateral and/or vertical loading
- Research on piling and piled systems.
- Embedded pile retaining systems
- Case histories of pile construction and performance
- Materials used in pile construction (environmental, sustainability, embodied carbon)
- Geological hazards
- Testing, related to pile performance and for design (integrity and load bearing)
- Instrumentation used in pile construction and testing
- Sustainability (wind farms, thermally active piles etc.)
- Use of digital technology
- Future engineering issues related to piling
- Health & Safety
- The management and procurement of piling contracts.