The British Geotechnical Association (BGA) with support from the Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS) will be hosting a major international conference on Piling in Durham in 15 and 16 September 2020.
The conference aims to bring together the knowledge and experience of industry and academia by presenting research and case histories to provide a definitive up to date perspective on geotechnical aspects of piling.
The objectives of the conference are t to provide an opportunity for geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists and piling professionals to meet and share their knowledge. This will be achieved by:
- Attracting papers from a wide range of disciplines, from the UK and internationally.
- Having keynote presentations from well-known practitioners and researchers.
- Engaging with potential delegates in all stages of their careers, including younger professionals.
- Providing a high quality venue with space for parallel sessions and a technical exhibition.
- Promptly publishing the papers in an appropriate form to provide a high quality technical resource on piling.
- Maximising the potential legacy from the conference to benefit future geotechnical practitioners.